Beachwood was built in 1926 by the Beach family from Ohio. It was operated as a fishing camp opened for July and August, catering to Beach’s American friends. There was 2500 ft of shoreline on Lower Buckhorn Lake. The lodge was built first and then 10 cottages along the shore were added over the years.
In 1944, Harry and Florence Morgan purchased the lodge and along with their two sons, Frederick and Richard, they continued to operate it as a fishing destination. There were cottages and rooms in the lodge. All guests had 3 meals per day along with their accommodations.
In 1971, Karen and Fred (Frederick) took over the operations and together with their three children, Steve, David and Krista, continued the tradition. Over the years cottages and lodge rooms were renovated and condos were added. Guests now had choices regarding menu items and meal plans. The new name developed as Beachwood Resort.