At Beachwood, you’re sure to find everything you’re looking for….and more! Whether it’s a long walk through the forest, relaxing in a lakeside chair, or roasting marshmallows while listening to the loons, we have it covered. And when it comes to kids, we’re really just one big playground. From our heated pool to spacious grounds, there’s room to roam and explore.
So what are you waiting for? Come experience a true Canadian cottage getaway, you’ll be so glad you did.
Beachwood Resort is situated on 1400’ of gentle shoreline on beautiful Lower Buckhorn Lake. The property includes 330 acres of adjoining forests and woodland trails, providing the perfect setting for that northern getaway. In addition to our assortment of cottage, condo and lodge styled accommodations, as well as our first class dining restaurant, our resort also features:
- Spacious lawns and gardens
- All inclusive activities including tennis, volleyball, badminton, crochet, bocce ball,
- basketball, kids playground (equipment provided).
- Hiking and biking trails within mature forests, meadows and along quiet county roads.
- Lakeside, heated outdoor saltwater pool , mid May thru mid September
- Short drive to a wide assortment of golf courses to suit any golfer’s tastes and skills.
Beautiful Lower Buckhorn Lake, located within the world renowned ‘Kawartha Lakes’ Region, is a marvel to behold. Crystal clear waters and rugged beautiful shorelines make Lower Buckhorn Lake a top destination for tourists near and far! When it comes to fishing, it is not hard to find a variety of habitats; underwater structures, weed beds and rock shoals, just where the fish like to hide.
Whether it’s sitting by the shore and listening to the loons, roasting marshmallows on an open camp fire, or watching the majestic great blue heron pose on a rock, spending time at Beachwood Resort is just good for the soul. Perhaps you’re a parent looking to share the cottage experience with your kids, a grandparent looking to connect and create family memories, or a couple seeking to ‘get away’ from the pace of the city, Beachwood Resort offers you just the right blend of country, cottage and community. Our resort features:
- 1400’ of prime, easy access waterfront, perfect for swimming, boating, canoeing and fishing.
- All inclusive activities including sandy beach, heated outdoor salt water pool, water playground and trampoline in the lake, canoes, kayaks, pedal boats, yoga (July & Aug), all equipment provided including life jackets.
- Lakeside campfires (wood provided).
- Docks that are ideal for relaxing by the lake, or fishing for that trophy bass.
- Guest boat docking and launching facilities.
- Water ski boat and driver rental, includes skiis and tube
- Fishing and pontoon boat rentals.
- Fish species include pickerel/walleye, large and small mouth bass, musky, perch, crappie, bluegill and sunfish.
- Large bird species on the lake including bald eagles, osprey, loons and great blue heron.
A walk through the forest is a great way to unwind from the pressures of everyday life. Our wooded trails and open meadows are home to an abundance of wildlife including white tailed deer. And the ‘back country’ roads are perfect for a leisurely stroll. Our resort features:
- 330 acres of woods, meadows and wildlife.
- 5 km of marked wooded trails guide you through mature forests and lush meadows.
- Perfect for the nature lover or bird watcher! (maps provided).
- Walk, run, hike, bike on your own equipment (bike storage available).
- Access to many more km of quiet country roads, a selection of dirt and paved, for the more adventurous.
- Diversified bird species prevalent in the forest and fields on our property including barn owls, red tailed hawk, wild turkeys, humming birds, swallows, pileated woodpecker, doves, and many more.