Fishing at Beachwood, Lower Buckhorn Lake
Free Ontario fishing opportunities, dates are set by the Government of Ontario
February 19 – 21, 2022 (12:01 a.m. Saturday to 11:59 p.m. Monday)
May 7 – 8, 2022 (12:01 a.m. Saturday to 11:59 p.m. Sunday)
June 18 – 19, 2022 (12:01 a.m. Saturday to 11:59 p.m. Sunday)
July 2 – 10, 2022 (12:01 a.m. Saturday to 11:59 p.m. Sunday).
During all other time periods, Canadian residents between the ages of 18 and 64 years must purchase a valid fishing license to legally fish in Ontario.
There has never been a better time to go fishing with your family!
Purchasing information can be found on the Government of Ontario website.
Canadian Residents – click here
Non- Canadian Residents – click here
Fish species and seasons for Lower Buckhorn Lake, Zone 17, Trent Severn Waterway between Lock 30 and Lock 31
Pan fish – crappie, blue gill, sun fish, perch – open all year
Pickerel/Walleye – 2nd Sat. in May to Nov 15
Muskellunge – 1st Sat. in June to Dec 15
Bass – small and large mouth – 3rd Sat in June to Dec 15
Carp – open all year
Other fishing information:
- bring your own fishing gear.
- registered guests may fish off our docks
- we rent boats – 14′ aluminum boats with 9.9 hp- seats 3 comfortably, pontoon boat with 40 hp – seats 10
- Jack Morgan Guide Services – click here for his website
- Frederick’s offers picnic lunches – please order ahead
- Registered guest boat docking and launching facilities
- non registered guests visit our local marina for launching facilities